An Educator has a key role in providing a stimulating, safe, and nurturing environment for children from 6 weeks to 12 years of age. VIP Family Day Care Educators are in it for the children. They genuinely care and are dedicated to making sure children are happy and healthy.
Educators are chosen using an equitable but thorough selection process.
Why become a VIP family day care educator?
There are many great reasons to be an Educator with VIP Family Day Care:
- Make a difference in a child’s early years
- Own your own business
- Work from home
- Ongoing responsive and flexible support
- Free workcover
- Reasonable fees
- Personal, friendly, caring team.
Child focussed environment
All Educators are required to create a child focussed environment through:
- Behaviour and development
- Health and safety of the environment
- Care environment
VIP Family Day Care will give you guidance and support to set up this environment in your home - and while you are on trips with children.
We want you to succeed, so you can count on us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You’ll get all the training and resources you need to be successful. You can rely on us to be flexible and responsive to your needs - as we work together to provide an exceptional service for families.
Strong long-term support from a friendly team is why so many Educators enjoy working with us.
Open door approach
Our office is on call 24 hours, 7 days a week. All our Educators are encouraged visit us or call us with any feedback, concerns, or suggestions.
Home safety assistance
We’ll help you make your home a safe place for children - and for you, during care.
You’ll receive free workcover when you work exclusively with us.
Regular home support visits
Whether you’re having trouble with a child, or you have a few urgent questions to ask, we can help you through our regular home visits. This is how we track the progress of the children, and give you any resources or advice to help you succeed with your placements.
Flexible and responsive
Have a parent wanting to begin care tomorrow? Haven’t enrolled with us yet? No worries. We’ll get it sorted for you today. This is just one example of our flexible and responsive service.
There are so many challenges in your role as Educator, and as Business Owner. We offer free training to help you handle a few difficult situations you may come across, such as:
Routines and transitions
Supporting vulnerable families
Dynamic discussion report feedback to parents
Exploring different cultures
Relaxing rest times / I don’t want to sleep
Having a genuine interest and dedication for children is a great start to becoming an Educator. A few other requirements are:
- Minimum of Certificate III in Children’s Services, First Aid, Asthma, Analyphylaxis Certificate.
- Understanding of and willingness to work under and abide by Education and Care Services National Regulation 2017 and the Children’s Act.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a positive, inclusive environment that caters for all children’s needs
- An understand and ability to provide a safe and hygienic environment suitable for the care of children aged from 6 weeks - 12 years
- Willingness to participate in ongoing professional development and training & National Quality Framework
- Willingness to adhere to all VIP Family Day Care Policies
- Ability to relate well to others and develop trusting relationships with children and parents
- Ability to work independently and part of a team, and to deal with emergencies and unexpected events
- Basic numeracy skills and ability to maintain accurate records
- Current Police and Working with Children’s Check for all household members aged 18 years and over.
How to apply
2. Will be called if you meet the selection criteria
3. Two interviews including Director of VIP Family Day Care. Will include: Behavioral questions, Background discussion, Reference checks
4. Home safety check
5. Corrective actions based on safety check
6. Compliance check including: Insurance (Current Public Liability), Certificates, Training (first aid, anaphylaxis, asthma, CPR, child focused training, educator protection, safe work practices), Police check, Car restraint check (free service), Working with children check, Current driver’s license
Frequently asked questions
Question 1: What are the fees?
Contact us for current fees. Note that our aim is to keep family day care affordable, so we keep our fees as low as we can while giving you the support you need to successfully run your business.
Question 2: Do you find me children?
We have a waiting list of children. They may or may not decide to be in your care - so you are welcome to look for your own children as well.
Register as an Educator or Contact us for more information.
VIP provides education sessions for families. The office staff are very accessible and the lines of communication are always clear and concise. VIP prides itself on maintaining professionalism, education, and safety to all the educators and children.
As an educator it is imperative that I am well supported to ensure that I am able to do my job successfully and provide a service to the children in my care. In my experience VIP provides me with that support and education that enables me to be accomplished educator.
- Iman Joseph, VIP Educator